Spartan by Marvel Horizontal Scissor Style Saw — PA10/3 EPC
- Capacity: 8” x 11.5” Rectangle (200 x 300mm), 10” Round (250mm).
- Blade: 1.25” x .042” x 11’ 6” (32 x 1.07 x 3505mm).
- Blade Tension: Hydraulically controlled tension (30,000 psi) provides consistent square cutting accuracy. Includes a motion detector that will shut the machine off should the blade break or stall.
- Speed Range: 70 – 330 SFPM (21 – 101 m/min) variable through a frequency inverter drive and heavy-duty worm gear transmission. The broad speed range allows for optimum cutting of a large spectrum of materials. Aread out on the operator’s touch screen assures accurate speed setting.
- Hydraulic Down Feed: Feed rate and down pressure can be controlled independently for fast, accurate cutting. Setup is made easy through the color-coded dial allowing the operator to select the optimum setting for the type of material being cut. Both settings are made at the operator’s station.
- Hydraulic Shuttle Feed: Length settings of 0 – 16” are displayed on a digital counter. The shuttle comes to positive stops at both ends of the index, assuring cutoff length accuracy. Repeatability is + .005 per index. Up to 9 cycles are possible using the multi-index system.
- Blade Drive: 5 H.P. (3.75 kW).
- Hydraulic Pump Motor: 1 H.P. (.75 kW).
- Coolant Pump Motor: 1/8 H.P. (0.09 kW).
- Machines are available with either 230 or 460 volt, 3 ph., 60 Hz. Electrics. Voltage must be specified on original order.
- Operator’s Control Panel is conveniently mounted on the left hand side of the machine and offers full control of all machine functions such as; Vises, Blade Speed, Saw Frame, Bundle Clamping, Parts Counter, Shuttle Advance & Retract, Coolant and Work Light. (A stand alone operator’s control console is available as an option).
- EPC Programmable Control: Conveniently located on the operator’s control panel, this touch screen control allows the operator to program and store up to nine jobs. Inputs include Part Lengths from 0 to 400” (in inches up to 3 decimal places) and Number of Pieces to be cut. The Blade Speed is displayed on and set using the touch screen, but is not stored in memory. The Automatic Piece Counter stops each job when the pre-set number of cuts have been made. The control provides the option of running up to 9 jobs consecutively.
- Out-of-Stock Switch: The machine will shut off automatically when material is no longer present in the rear vise.
- Blade Guides: The combination roller bearing and carbide blade guides reduce heat and blade stress providing longer blade life and accuracies of + .002 per inch of cut material.
- Fast Approach: Work height is automatically set allowing the head to rise just enough to clear the workpiece, reducing cycle time and allowing for faster cutting performance.
- Automatic Chip Removal: The chip auger rotating in the coolant return removes chips quickly and efficiently, freeing the operator to perform more productive operations. Coolant is allowed to drain back to the tank before the chips are removed from the machine
- Chip Brush: Powered from the main drive shaft of the saw, the brush changes speed along with the blade to assure that chips are being removed from each gullet of the blade, improving cutting performance and blade life.
- Full Stroking Hydraulic Vise Jaws: The front vise jaws are split to reduce the remnant to as little as 2”. The split vise jaws also help to reduce burrs left on the material and are ideal for bundle cutting. Holding the workpiece on both sides of the blade reduces vibration, providing more accurate cuts and longer blade life.
- Work Light: Positioned directly over the work area to provide better illumination of the cutting area, the work light can be turned on and off independently from the operator’s control panel.
|Capacity||8” x 11.5” Rectangle (200 x 300mm)|
|Capacity||10” Round (250mm)|
|Blade Tension||30,000 PSI|
|Blade Size||1.25” x .042” x 11’ 6” (32 x 1.07 x 3505mm)|
|Speed Range||70 – 330 SFPM (21 – 101 m/min)|
|Blade Drive||5 H.P. (3.75 kW)|
|Hydraulic Pump||1 H.P. (.75 kW)|
|Coolant Pump||1/8 H.P. (0.09 kW)|
Click here to contact us or call 800-622-1363 to place an order and get answers to your questions.