Spartan by Marvel Horizontal Scissor Style Saw — PA13/3 EPC
Standard Spartan model with heavy-duty, high speed, hydraulic, horizontal, metal cutting band saw with 5 H.P. 1-1/4″ blade and programmable control. Capacity 13” x 14”
- Capacity: 13” x 14” rectangular (250 x 355 mm); 13” round (330mm)
- Blade: 1-1/4” x .042” x 162” (34 x 1.1 x 4115 mm)
- Blade Tension: Hydraulically controlled tension (30,000 psi) provides consistent square cutting accuracy. The motion detector will shut the machine off should the blade break or stall.
- Speed Range: 70 — 330 SFPM (21 — 101m/min) infinitely variable through a frequency inverter drive and heavy-duty worm gear transmission. The broad speed range allows for optimum cutting of a large spectrum of materials. Aread out at the operator’s touch screen assures accurate speed setting.
- Hydraulic Down Feed: Feed rate and down pressure can be controlled independently for fast, accurate cutting. Setup is made easy through the color-coded dial allowing the operator to select the optimum setting for the type of material being cut. Both settings are made at the operator’s station.
- Hydraulic Shuttle Feed: Length settings of 0 – 20” are accomplished with simple programming at the operator’s touch screen. The shuttle comes to positive stops at both ends of the index, assuring cutoff length accuracy, reducing material loss. Repeatability is + .005 per index.
- Blade Drive: 5 H.P. (3.75 kW)Inverter Drive.
- Hydraulic Pump Motor: 1 H.P. (.75 kW).
- Coolant Pump Motor: 1/8 H.P. (0.09 kW).
- All motors are dual voltage, 230/460 volts, 3 ph. 60 Hz. 208 volt conversion is available for an added charge.
- Operator’s Control Panel is conveniently mounted on the left hand side of the machine and offers full control of all machine functions such as; Vises, Blade Speed, Saw Frame, Bundle Clamping, Parts Counter, Shuttle Advance & Retract, Coolant and Work Light. (A stand alone operator’s control console is available as an option).
- EPC Programmable Control: Conveniently located on the operator’s control panel, this touch screen control allows the operator to program and store up to nine jobs. Inputs include Part Length from 0 to 400” (in inches up to 3 decimal places) and Number of Pieces to be cut. The Blade Speed is displayed on and set using the touch screen, but is not stored in memory. The Automatic Piece Counter stops each job when the pre-set number of cuts have been made. The control provides the option of running up to 9 jobs consecutively.
- Out-of-Stock Switch: The machine will shut off automatically when material is no longer present in the rear vise jaws, allowing for truly automatic operation.
- Blade Guides: The combination roller bearing and carbide blade guides reduce heat and blade stress providing longer blade life and accuracies of + .002 per inch of cut material.
- Fast Approach: Work height is automatically set allowing the head to rise just enough to clear the work piece, reducing cycle time and allowing for faster cutting performance.
- Automatic Chip Removal: The chip auger rotating in the coolant return removes chips quickly and efficiently, freeing the operator to perform more productive operations. Coolant is allowed to drain back to the tank before the chips are removed from the machine.
- Chip Brush: Powered from the main drive shaft of the saw, the brush changes speed along with the blade to assure that chips are being removed from each gullet of the blade, improving cutting performance and blade life.
- Vise Jaws: Hydraulic Full Stroking. Front jaws are split to reduce the remnant to as little as 3”. The split vise jaws also help to reduce burrs left on the material and are ideal for bundle cutting. Holding the work piece on both sides of the blade reduces blade vibration, providing more accurate cuts and longer blade life.
- Rear Vise: The rear vise jaw floats hydraulically to accommodate crooked stock assuring straight, accurate cuts.
- Work Light: Positioned directly over the work area to provide better illumination of the cutting area, the work light can be turned on and off independently from the operator’s control panel.
|Capacity||13” x 14” rectangular (250 x 355 mm)|
|Capacity||13” round (330mm)|
|Blade Size||1-1/4” x .042” x 162” (34 x 1.1 x 4115 mm)|
|Blade Tension||30,000 PSI|
|Blade Drive||5 H.P. (3.75 kW)|
|Hydraulic Pump||1 H.P. (.75 kW)|
|Coolant Pump||1/8 H.P. (0.09 kW)|
Click here to contact us or call 800-622-1363 to place an order and get answers to your questions.