Spartan Horizontal Post Style Saw — PA460 HD
Spartan high production specialty steel band saw with a heavy-duty post style horizontal design with 10 H.P., 1-1/2″ blade and n/c control. Capacity 20” x 18”
- Capacity: 20” x 18” rectangular (500 x 460 mm), 18” round (460 mm)
- Blade: 1-1/2” x .050” x 17’11” (41 x 1.3 x 5450 mm)
- Heavy Duty Construction: The saw frame is constructed of 1/2” plate stock and heavy duty 6” square tube to prevent deflection and minimize vibration. The large 6” diameter hardened and chromed post provides rigidity and enhances cutting performance.
- Blade Tension: Hydraulically controlled tension (34,000 psi) provides consistent cutting accuracy. The motion detector will shut the machine off should the blade break or stall.
- Speed Range 70 — 330 SFPM (21 — 101m/min) infinitely variable through a constant torque inverter drive. Large 18” diameter extraheavy-duty bronze bearing worm gear transmission. The broad speed range allows for optimum cutting of stainless, tool steels, alloys and nickel based materials.
- Hydraulic Down Feed: Feed rate and feed pressure can be controlled independently for fast, accurate cutting. Setup is simplified by the color-coded dial that allows the operator to select the optimum setting for the type of material being cut. Both settings are made at the operator’s control station.
- Hydraulic Shuttle Feed: Length settings of 0 – 20” are made with a numerically controlled back gauge. The heavy duty cast iron shuttle table travels on two large hardened and chromed cylindrical ways assuring cutoff length accuracy. Repeatability is + .005 per index. Up to 20 cycles are possible using the multi-index system.
- Motors :
- Inverter Blade Drive: 10 H.P.(7.5kW).
- Hydraulic Pump Motor: 2 H.P. (1.5kW).
- Coolant Pump Motor: 1/4 H.P. (0.18kW).
- All motors are 460 VAC
- Operator’s Control Panel is conveniently mounted on the left hand side of the machine and offers full control of all machine functions such as; Vises, Blade Speed, Saw Frame, Bundle Clamping, Parts Counter, Shuttle Advance & Retract, Coolant and Work Light. (A stand alone operator’s control console is available as an option).
- N/C Control: Touch screen programmable controller allows operator to program up to 9 different jobs. Each job includes settings for number of cuts, cut length. The blade speed is displayed on the NC control screen. Automatic kerf compensation and self-diagnostics allow for quick accurate set-ups.
- Out-of-Stock Switch: The machine will shut off automatically when material is no longer present in the rear vise jaws, allowing for truly automatic operation.
- Blade Guides: The combination roller bearing and carbide blade guides reduce heat and blade stress providing longer blade life and accuracies of + .002 per inch of cut material. Large anti-vibration rollers help to increase blade life.
- Vibration Dampening Unit: Designed to minimize vibration as the saw blade enters the cut. Reduces noise level while cutting and increases blade life.
- Fast Approach: Work height is automatically set allowing the head to return just enough to clear the work piece, reducing cycle times.
- Chip Brush: Powered from the main blade drive shaft, the brush changes speed along with the blade to assure that chips are being removed from each gullet of the blade, improving cutting performance and blade life.
- Rear Vise: The rear vise jaw floats hydraulically to accommodate crooked stock assuring straight cuts and accurate indexing.
- Work Light: Positioned directly over the work area to provide better illumination of the cutting area, the work light is controlled by a selector switch on the operator’s control panel.
- Full Stroking Hydraulic Vise Jaws: The Front Vise jaws are split to reduce the remnant length to as little as 3”. The split vise jaws also help to reduce burrs left on the material and are ideal for bundle cutting. Holding the work piece on both sides of the blade also reduces vibration, providing more accurate cuts and longer blade life (9-1/2” high).
- Automatic Chip Removal: The chip auger rotating in the coolant return removes chips quickly and efficiently, freeing the operator for more productive operations. Coolant is allowed to drain back to the tank before the chips are removed from the machine.
- Coolant System: 21 gallon coolant tank and multiple coolant nozzles enhance blade life and performance. High capacity coolant pump for maximum coolant efficiency.
- Machine Weight: 8000 lbs.
|Capacity||20” x 18” rectangular (500 x 460 mm)|
|Capacity||18” round (460 mm)|
|Blade Size||1-1/2” x .050” x 17’11” (41 x 1.3 x 5450 mm)|
|Blade Tension||34,000 PSI|
|Speed Range||70 — 330 SFPM (21 — 101m/min)|
|Inverter Blade Drive||10 H.P.(7.5kW).|
|Hydraulic Pump||2 H.P. (1.5kW)|
|Coolant Pump||1/4 H.P. (0.18kW)|
|Machine Weight||8,000 lbs|
Click here to contact us or call 800-622-1363 to place an order and get answers to your questions.